Puerto Rico Flag    

 

 

 

Mayor Joe Roman

 

History

   Previously named San Lorenzo San Miguel de Hato Grande, and it was only a village composed of a large territory mainly devoted to livestock
This territory was part of the town of Caguas, although historians do not agree on its date of foundation, several documents confirm that in 1811, San Miguel, of Hato Grande became an independent municipality
The subdivisions of the valley herds were called by this dedicated to livestock. San Miguel Hato Grande, the original village was developed around a chapel built in 1737 in one of the herds. The construction of the chapel ordered Oneca Miguel Munoz, owner of the herd for his marriage to one of the inheritors of the Delgado family. Both the chapel and around the village is named in honor of the patron saint of Don Miguel Munoz Oneca. According to the legend around 1812 San Lorenzo Martyr appeared on a rock above the river that borders the town Cayrabón.

 

San Lorenzo Barrios   San Lorenzo Square  Teatro Pricila Flores
San Lorenza Centro Cultural   San Lorenzo Iglesia  Mayor Office
   

 

          

 

 MAYOR  Hon. Joe Roman
 FOUNDED  1811
 POPULATION  40,997  inhabitants (Est. 2000)
 TOWN'S PATRON SAINT  Nuestra Señora de las Mercedes
 PEOPLE KNOW AS  Sanlorenceño
 ISLE KNOW AS  The Samaritan City




 

Find more about Weather in San Lorenzo, PR

 



 

COAT OF ARMS

 



 

TOWNS FLAG

 

 

 

 Accommodations at San Lorenzo

 

No Accomodations at San Lorenzo
 



 


 

pulser



 

Back To Main Page